August 10, 2009

Thank you (sarcasm)

Thank you for not answering your phone again. I've grown so accustomed to your voicemail that I don't know what I'd say if you actually picked up. Thank you for letting me down again. I really enjoy the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, the panicked nausea, that accompanies the realization that I mean nothing to you. Thank you for reminding me, in your calm exasperated tone, that I cannot garner any more answers from you because you don't have them to offer. I still fail to understand how any of this makes any friggin' sense, so excuse me for trying to find clarity. Thank you for adding to the self-deprecating stuff in my head. I needed a few more issues to consult with a shrink. Thank you for ripping away the best happiness I've ever felt. The excruciating pain that has taken its place is comforting. Thank you for making my every day life a living hell. I love the interactions that further emphasize you have no concern for me, my well being or our friendship. What a wonderful way to return all my love and affection. Thanks.