November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

For this Thanksgiving, I decided to mimic a couple of the blogs I follow by writing out a list of what I'm thankful for.  So here it is, in no particular order:

1) my family, who may not understand what I'm still doing in school, but support me anyway
2) my friends, who do not judge me and are always willing to lend an ear or a shoulder
3) my cat, who keeps me laughing and provides bedtime snuggle-time
4) individuals who remind me that science is a team effort
5) Virginia weather
6) seasonal produce like tangerines
7) Christmas music, decorations, coffee (at Starbucks) and shopping
8) not being homeless
9) hope, ambition, and dreams
10) Sephora
11) the free literature available from the public library
12) starlit skies
13) the belief that 'world peace' is attainable